This is one of our favorite go-to breakfast recipes for so many reasons. It's simple, healthy, customizable and makes enough to grab on-the-go throughout the week, making it perfect for individuals or families looking for quick nutritious meals.
Our recipe makes 12 omelette cups using a cupcake pan but you can also use an 8x8 backing dish and then cut into squares. The best part is, this recipe is so versatile that you can use whatever ingredients please your palette.
- 10 Large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/3 cup Diced Green Bell Pepper
- 1/3 cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/3 cup Diced Red Onion
- 2/3 cup Shredded Cheese
- 2/3 cup Chopped Fresh Spinach
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray muffin pan with olive or coconut oil cooking spray. Let the oil sit approx. 10 minutes before adding egg mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, salt & pepper and whisk well.
- Toss in remainder of ingredients and whisk until completely mixed.
- Using a 1/4 or 1/3 scoop, pour mixture into each muffin slot and place in oven to cook for 25 minutes or until tops start to lightly brown.
- Remove and let cool the scoop out with a spoon and place in an airtight food container.
This recipe is so versatile you can really make it your own by switching out the ingredients to your personal taste. Have fun experimenting with this by adding meat (make sure to cook before adding to egg mixture) or exploring with other vegetables and herbs such as broccoli, kale, fresh parsley, green onion, chives, mushrooms, zucchini, etc.
Have a healthy meal prep recipe to share? Leave the link in the comment section below to be featured in our next meal prep blog post.